Go to navigation Go to content

Can a parent recover money because their child has been injured?


A: Yes. This is called a claim for loss of services. As a result of the child's injuries, the parent has been deprived of the child's usual and customary services that he or she performed around the house or for the family. Typically, this is a secondary claim, and the child's claim always takes priority.