Go to navigation Go to content

If I live in Brooklyn, and my car accident happened in Queens, where do we bring the lawsuit?


A: The choice of where to bring suit is the subject of many legal cases. Generally, the plaintiff (the injured victim) gets to choose where the case will be heard. It could be the county where the victim resides, or the county where the owner of the other car lives. If there was a rental car or a leased car involved, it might be the county where the leasing company maintains their main office. Usually, the site of the accident is not where we bring the case, unless of course one of the parties lives in that County. In all likelihood, if you live in Brooklyn, we'll start your case in Brooklyn.