Go to navigation Go to content

If I'm a Veteran of the Armed Services, and all of my medical care was with the VA Hospital, and I believe they caused me injury, can I bring a claim against the VA?


A: Yes. In fact the law requires that any claim against the VA be brought in a special court in New York, called the Court of Claims. Any cases that come on for trial in this Court is decided only by a judge, and not a jury. In any other type of malpractice case, I always request a trial by jury.